East of the Sun and West of the Moon by Kay Nielsen 500 Piece Art & Fable Jigsaw featuring a stunning design to challenge and delight puzzle lovers.
- Puzzle Size Approx. 48cm x 34cm
- From the popular Art & Fable Puzzle Company
- Premium Quality Jigsaw Puzzle
- Velvet Touch Surface, Puzzles never felt so good!
- Perfect Fit. Tap the pieces into place for that satisfying perfect-fit feeling. Move finished sections around without breaking them apart!
- Traditional Piece Shapes. Interlocking European-style piece shapes make even the most challenging puzzles fun. You can sort by shape, not just by colour!
- No Puzzle Glare. Art & Fables unique printing process produces richly coloured puzzle pieces with a soft, velvety feel and no distracting glare.
- Designed in the USA
- Made in Europe
Each Box Contains:-
- Collectible, frameable print to enjoy while puzzling and long after.
- Resealable bag to preserve your puzzle and prevent lost pieces.
- A handy box-top stand designed to steady a tippy box top.
Most notable in Kay Nielsen’s body of work was his illustrations for East of the Sun and West of the Moon. Our 500-pc puzzle features illustrations from 2 pages of this book.
Kay Nielsen (1886 - 1957) was a key contributor during the “Golden Age of Illustration” in the early 20th century. Most notable in Nielsen’s body of work was his illustrations for a publication called East of the Sun and West of the Moon, a compendium of fifteen fairy tales gathered by Peter Christen Asbjørnsen and Jørgen Engebretsen Moe, two Norwegian folklorists. Nielsen provided twenty-five colour plates in his characteristic 4-color process as well as monotone images to populate with witches, heroes, and princesses. The illustrations carry a “freshness and fullness” as described by Jacob Grimm, which Art & Fable has chosen a select few to bring to you in puzzle form.
The Danish illustrator is also known for his collaborations with Disney, providing the company with sketches for Fantasia and concept paintings for The Little Mermaid.
Donation from the sale of this puzzle will go to Habitat for Humanity.Habitat for Humanity helps families build and improve places to call home. By creating affordable housing, they play a critical role in supporting strong and stable communities.
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
|Brand||Art & Fable Puzzle Company|